When we ask a question “How does google ranks pages”. The well know answer for this question is “backlinks and alexa traffic rank”. But this picture answers more. Take a look and if you have any questions about the component let me know through your comments 🙂
Based on their studies and experience, to what Google gives more value to rank the pages in SERPs are a:
– Authority and confidence shown by the hosting service domain (23.87%)
– Popularity of the specific page links (22.33 %).
– Anchor Text of the incoming links (20.26 %).
– Good use of on-page keywords (15.04 %).
In addition to these four components, we also paid particular attention to:
– Registration and data hosting (6.91 %).
– Web traffic and percentage of clicks or CTR (6.29 %).
– Measuring social media representations (5.30 %).
In this study you could add the post published in November 2009 in the WebmasterWorld forum where several SEOs analyzing what might be the famous 200 factors Google algorithm mentioned by Matt Cutts.