Google Authorship is a new feature introduced by Google. This helps you to claim your content and also display your authorship information in search results of Google Search.
Want to see how it works? See this picture.
Now, if you want to display your authorship information in Google search result like seen in the above picture, read through this quick tutorial.
Step #1: Adding Work Email
1. First, of all go to your Google Profile and click on Edit Profile.
2. Scroll down until you see “Work”. Click on it, and add an Email address and make sure it is visible to “Anyone on web”.
3. Now click on Save and Done Editing.
4. If your email address isn’t verified then you will see a hyperlink “Verify” near your Work Email address click on it. Then Google will send a verification mail to that email address. Once you receive it, open it and follow the instructions to verify your email address.
Step #2: Creating An About Page And Linking It To Google Profile
1. Now you must create an about page(that tells about you and includes a picture of you) on the very same domain which you are about to claim.
2. Add a link to your Google profile page from your about page. Add rel=”me” parameter in your anchor tag, just like this:
<a href=”https://www.plus.google.com/your-google-profile-id/” rel=”me”>Google+</a>
Step #3: Linking Google Profile Page To About Page
1. Go to your Google Profile, click “Edit Profile”.
2. Scroll down until you see “Contribute to” on the right panel, then click on it and add a custom link, that points to your About page on your website, make sure the visibility it “Anyone on the web”.
Step #4: Linking Article Pages To Your About Page
1. Add a link to your about page from all your article pages. You must add rel=”author” parameter in those anchor tags. Just like this:
<a href=”http://www.Geeks4share.com/about/” rel=”author”>About me</a>
Since you have to add these links to all your pages, it would be better if you put them on a section that is common to all your pages – like Menus and Footer.
That’s it, you’re done! Now you can check your pages with “Rich Snippet Checker Tool” to see if everything is set. Then wait for 2-3 days then you can see your Google profile picture near your search results.
If the rich snippet check tool says everything is fine and still if you aren’t able to see your author information in search result, just give it more time. As Google haven’t rolled out this feature completely, it might take some more time.